BLOGGERS TEASPOON

Friday 16 May 2014

Well hello there! How'ya doin'? Well I'm just doing quite fine, thanks for asking ;) And shall I tell you why? Of course I will, that's why your here, isn't it?... oh... okay... You were looking for naked photos of Ryan Gosling? That's fine. Urmm..Plenty of Gosling. Sit down, grab a cuppa, its a long post ;)

I went to my very first bloggers meet-up on the 10th of May, hosted by Rachel of Happy Little Syllables & Rebecca from Polkadot Notebook at the Salsa Cafe in Newcastle (Hey look ma!, I've got a social life.) To help raise a bit of dosh for world Lupus day and support my fellow blogging girlies. Okay on a serious note. What is Lupus you may ask?
Lupus is a chronic, autoimmune disease. It can damage any part of the body (skin, joints, and/or organs inside the body). Chronic means that the signs and symptoms tend to last longer than six weeks and often for many years. In lupus, something goes wrong with your immune system, which is the part of the body that fights off viruses, bacteria, and other germs ("foreign invaders," like the flu). Normally your immune system produces proteins called antibodies that protect the body from these invaders. Autoimmune means your immune system cannot tell the difference between these invaders and your body's healthy tissues. In lupus, your immune system creates autoantibodies;which sometimes attack and destroy healthy tissue. These autoantibodies contribute to inflammation, pain, and damage in various parts of the body. I know a few people who have been affected by lupus and the host of our lovely blogger's teaspoon, Rachel, is one.

Firstly, I was late to the event. I met up with Vicky from Describe the Sky, so we wouldn't be on our lonesome entering the Salsa Cafe, where the event was being held. And I had such a bad morning. Life threw silly obstacles at me and I had to fight through them. Claire from Dainty Ghosts was gunna meet us at monument in Newcastle but due to a crowd of protesters we were unable to see Claire and she went ahead of us to the cafe. Eventually, Vicky and I strolled in the beautiful cafe and walked into a room full of laughter and friendly faces! Some bloggers were leaving as we got there and I was melting in my coat even though it had been pouring down with rain outside. The cafe was beautifully decorated with balloons and bunting, on one wall were frames full of icons from Hollywood such as Johnny Depp and Frank Sinatra, the other wall featured a beautiful golden framed mirror, the tables had cakes, tea and sandwiches laid out, mostly munched but I did get to try Alice's heavenly caramel cupcakes which I later scoffed and the scones too, they were so lovely that the jam proceeded to drip down my chin, lovely jubbly. I didn't try the tea which was provided by Teapigs but I shall write a review on them very soon.


I didn't take many photos (I make up for it in writing though) and most of the evening was spent mingling. I couldn't believe the amount of bloggers who turned to me and said " Oh my god, you're italktoghosts!" or "You're Jess! omg  italktoghosts" , while staring at my boobies. A wave of stardom washed over me and then quickly faded. It was nice while it lasted. (We had little name tags so most of the evening people where gawping at breasts.) Rachel & Rebecca has a brilliant raffle for all of us, unfortunately I didn't win anything but it was all good fun and Rachel made such a lovely speech. We had to hold back the tears & sniffles, we made it through the speech and spent the rest of the hour mingling and almost everyone ended up smelling my amazing bath and body works hand gel which smells like watermelons but isn't! We even got snazzy goody bags with my all time favourite vitamin water in it, teapig samples, a beautiful smelly candle, lots of samples and a little nail polish! I could see Alice, the official photographer taking photos out the corner of my eye, I couldn't resist pulling a cheeky grin while giving a thumbs up, I'm sure that photo will surface soon!




The whole event just made £200. I'm so proud of Rachel & Rebecca for hosting such a great event. Well done girlies! After we all hugged and said our goodbyes. I didn't want this day to end so.. Me, Vicky, Katie, Claire & Charlotte went for a cheeky shopping trip to boots & primark afterwards. I bought a beautiful grey and cream butterfly duvet cover. ;)

I met some lovely new bloggers today & made some great friends! I can't wait for the next Teaspoon & for the next girly outing. :)

If you wish to give to Lupus --> you can text LUUK16 and the amount you wish to donate to 70070 i.e. LUUK16 £10


Ta-Ra
Jess

No comments :

Post a Comment